I'm so inconsistent that this is never updated. So good luck to you.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

On the Road: Episode 3: Move'n On Up

We made it to Oklahoma City!!! I'm not excited about the destination, just what it means for us. We made up 6 hours of driving today. We drove a little over 900 miles to make up for our lousy start. It was glorious. Now what to tell, what to tell...

My day started off a little rough. We were having breakfast at the hotel. I had a bowl of Raisin Bran and a cup of yogurt. I was also planning on having an English Muffin. Here's what happened with that. I decided that I didn't want to wait by the toaster for my muffin. I placed my muffin into the toaster and left it there and continued my meal. The toaster took too long to just wait for it. I sat down, consumed my food and went to see the progress of said muffin. I checked up on it and it wasn't done yet. Apparently Flagstaff doesn't have normal electricity. They just have two gerbils that are cranking the electric wheel. Unfortunately for me it was the Sabbath, and the gerbil, Larry, doesn't work on the Sabbath. Who knew? So the singular gerbil was cranking out the electricity at about 3 volts an hour. As you can imagine, it takes more than that to heat my muffin. Back to the point, this group of evil Seniors came down to have breakfast. This lady with a Satanically Salmon Colored sweater came up and stole my muffin for herself and sat down and began to eat it. I was too tired to cry and I said that I would give up murder for lent. I regret that one. So she got away with it. I was in a funk all day about my muffin.

We took off from flagstaff and about 5 hours into the trip this thought hit me. People actually choose to live in Arizona and New Mexico. Why you ask? I have no idea. But what I do know is nothing should choose to live anywhere where animals don't choose to live. There was not one animal. The closest things to living were the tumbleweeds. Not a good sign. As we then drove through Texas another epiphany, I then realized how NASCAR has a following. There isn't anything to live for in this part of America. So you might as well watch something that gives you hope of driving away. When Mc Donald’s serves Jimmy Stewart toys (not kidding) with their Happy Meals and no one asks why the Happy Meals come with a MGD, you are in a state where you need to keep driving. We had the chance to stay in Texas, but then decided that we would rather go to Oklahoma than to stay another min in that place. OKLAHOMA was better than those. How sad is that? Very

The only thing that got me through Haiti’s was my music. Guess what got me by? Go ahead I’ll give you a chance ………………………
…………………………………………… That’s right, STYX Baby!!!! Mr. Roboto saved me. Then came the musical onslaught of musical greatness. Something Corporate, Thrice (Vheissu), Dustin Kensrue, Trevor Davis, Mutemath, and Mae. Not in that order, but still incredible.

Miss you all, and I am really enjoying the trip. I really like driving and this is all we do all day, so it is pretty much amazing. If you ever have a chance to drive across country do it, but avoid the crappy states like Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. If you have a chance to go to Oklahoma, here’s what you do. Watch about 5 minutes of NASCAR and go to sleep. The nightmare won’t end until you wake up and you will have experienced the best the OK state has to offer. No wonder the play Oklahoma was painful. The state’s painful.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fam misses you very much!
DM

February 26, 2007 at 7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home