I'm so inconsistent that this is never updated. So good luck to you.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

This One is Much Shorter (the real me, not ego me)

I am at a place now where I need to find my future and define my path for at least the next 5 years. I know I am not suppose to worry about tomorrow for today has enough troubles of its own. I just need guidance in what I am to do. In these past few weeks I have been getting more and more encouragement about my vocals than ever before. Which in its self isn't odd, but it is coming from people who I don't know or have any real connection with. This is cool, but i don't know how to react. I recently made a demo for my dad's church in order to get some playing time there, and I thought it wasn't very good. Marcy, the queen of encouragement (really), said the same. It was good, but it could be much better. In spite of that, I am receiving compliments about my vocals that I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what to say to people. I'm not sure what this all means and where it's coming from. I do know that it is happening when it needs to happen...

I have an opportunity to move to Portland for school after I finish my internship at Cypress Church. I am just not sure if that is something I want to do. I know I don't want to live in So Cal for the rest of my life. I know I don't want to be a missionary. I know God is calling me into ministry. I am a little confused about if I am to move away.

My need to move is this. My internship is done in August, then I need to complete school so that I can join the "full time" working world. My concern is that I will have waisted too much time between my internship and the work world. I want to be able to use my internship as a stepping stone, but am afraid that if I don't react immediately after, that I will have missed my window for effective use of that ministry time. I know that I want out of So Cal, but do I do it right now? Or do I wait? I really just want some advice from anyone who may be reading this. Let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Jones said...

Hey Josh. I think you're younger than I am (33). I know the concern for time slipping away. I'm supposed to graduate in December, and I would rather not live in SoCal forever, too.

You're unattached to a spouse, so it is a good time to take risks. Once you are married (as I am) it become more difficult to just "up and go."

What's the opportunity in Portland? Does it involve a "next step" for you? If it is "risky," this is a good time in life to take risks.

Personally, I have not found it difficult to find another place to minister. People will see your heart for ministry.

If you decide to stay a while, remember that just because your internship is over, it doesn't mean you have to leave. Perhaps you can find out how you can continue to be an intern on a monthly basis. My (unpaid) internship ended three months ago, and I have simply continued in my role.

Naturally, you need income. Once you are out of school, you can locate a part-time job. Then, you can seek full-time work, as well.

It sounds like you want to enter full-time ministry. Put this "after August" concern to rest first; I'm confident that God will provide for you and for your next step.

February 19, 2007 at 9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home