I'm so inconsistent that this is never updated. So good luck to you.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

On the Road: Episode 2: Gas, Who Needs It?

To keep with the traditions of the Thornton clan, we decided to leave 4 hours later than desired. Why, you ask. Because the end of the universe is closer than you know, so don’t temp fate by lining the stars for an on time departure for the Thorntons. In all honesty there is little that could have been. Other than the tarping extravaganza, there was little to no reason to leave behind schedule. But they were able to say their teary good byes. I say it was all worth it…

The road was a traitorous one in the way that I past out 20 mins into the drive. Ben had to deal with Dave Matthews Repeating over and over for an hour and a half. Sucker. He later told me that he hated Dave Matthews. I think it was just punishment for leaving a total of 8 hours behind schedule.

We made it to Flag staff on Day 2. From his parent’s house to Flagstaff, it is a little over 500 miles. We filled up three times. That’s right, we are getting a whopping 6 miles to the gallon. It is a 30-gallon tank. This is going to be a long trip if we have to stop every 200 miles to put gas in the car. So decided that this would be a good time to try acidic compounds that may be combustible for a substitute for gas. Cause honestly; gas, who needs it?

That didn’t even come close to working but I did figure out what my next goal in life will be. Ben told me this story of when he was about 15 he ate the larger portion of a Family Sized bag of Cheetos and it turned his urine into a darker shade of orange. This intrigued me, so my goal is to consume as many Cheetos in the next 24 hours to see if the Cheeto urine is as amazing as it seems. You’ll have to tune in tomorrow for the greatness that is sure to be. Orange urine, who can resist? No one, no one can resist.


Peace Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home