I'm so inconsistent that this is never updated. So good luck to you.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

On the Road: Episode 1: The Great Wait

Today was an eventful first day as we were 4 hours late for our departure. This is only because the truck that was purchased was a little on the small side. Ben and Jenni had to give a few things away, like a chair, fridge, and couch. Nothing too large (sarcasm). All and all it all fit. All of it. I like the word “all” today. I was supposed to meet up with Ben and Jen at the church around 2 o’clock in the p.m. They weren’t ready for me until 545. It took a little longer than anticipated. Luckily Rich Fieger came to my unsolicited rescue. I got to learn about Adobe Photoshop, and the fact that Rich’s father was the strongest man I have ever heard of. He saved a man’s life by pulling from the clutches of certain death…

Rich’s story.
This paralytic man was in a wheel chair, obviously, and the chair was headed down hill. Because he is paralyzed he can’t control the chair very well. The man was strapped into the chair and was careening down this hill. He was screaming in terror and the super hero of a father was in full flight. The father pondered for a quick second weighing his options, when he just stopped wondering and saved his life. This is the where he becomes the biggest super hero of all time. To save the man, who remember is careening; I mean moving really fast, down a hill. Did I mention that there was cross traffic at the bottom of said hill? No? There was cross traffic at the bottom of said hill. The father puts out his hand and grabs the man’s chair by the armrest and swings him onto the sidewalk where he ascertains the paralytic if he was ok. The paralytic was well and grateful.

Now I am an awesomely strong guy. Really I am, for a fat kid. But to pull a man’s weight and perpetual motion onto the sidewalk is quite astounding. I was impressed.

Back to my day. I was at the church and I call them and they are nowhere near being ready to leave. After dinner I met up with the Thorntons and we left on our adventure. The drive was dark and dull, but I marks the first of many a trip. This is going to be fun and I can’t wait to see what happens.

FYI. The music that I am currently listening to and enjoying is: John Mayer “Continuum”, Incubus “Morning View”, Stevie Wonder “The Definitive Collection”, and Trevor Davis “Seven Days”. I’m excited because I also have Mark Driscoll sermons on podcast. 9 hours of them. I am pretty sure I am developing a ministry man crush on the dude. You may see this crush turn to love over this trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee Jones said...

safe trip...

February 24, 2007 at 11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home